Edit This Accordion
CARES Act Information
COVID-19 Emergency Funding for Students
If you are a KCC student with expenses related to the disruption of campus operations because of COVID-19, you may qualify for federal CARES Act grant assistance.
This grant provides emergency supplemental assistance intended to alleviate the damage, loss, hardship, or suffering caused by the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and child care. To participate, a student must be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.
View KCC’s Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund reporting
The application process is currently closed. If you are in need of emergency funding or would like to discuss other options, please contact the KCC Office of Financial Aid.
To confirm you are an eligible student or could be an eligible student to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended, a student must:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree, certificate or other recognized educational credential;
- Not be enrolled in elementary or secondary school;
- Have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP);
- Not owe an overpayment (refund) on Title IV grants;
- Not be in default on a Title IV loan;
- Be a U.S citizen or national, a permanent resident, or an eligible noncitizen ;
- Have returned any fraudulently obtained Title IV funds, if convicted of, or pled guilty/no contest to, charges;
- Not have fraudulently received Title IV loans in excess of annual or aggregate limits;
- Have repaid any Title IV loan overpayment amounts in excess of annual or aggregate limits, if obtained inadvertently;
- If you are male, have registered for Selective Service; and
- Not have a federal or state conviction for drug possession or sale, with certain time limitations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the money need to be repaid?
No, money received through this fund is a grant and does not need to be repaid.
Would this funding reduce my financial aid?
No, this does not reduce your financial aid. Eligibility is not dependent on or associated with any other financial aid awards.
What are the deadlines to apply?
There are no deadlines to apply. Awards will be distributed for those enrolled during semesters of eligibility (Spring 2020 and Summer 2020). If any funds remain, then disbursements may be made to Fall 2020 students.
If I lost my student employment job, can I apply for wages lost?
No, wages lost would not be considered an expense. However, you may apply for the expenses you cannot pay due to wages lost.
Who can I call for more information?
If you have questions or need more information, call or email KCC’s Office of Financial Aid: 815-802-8550, email@example.com
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
The following information is provided by Kankakee Community College (KCC) as required by the U.S. Department of Education in order to comply with reporting requirement under the CARES Act.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2), and 18004(a)(3)