KCC information - Fall 2020
KCC is committed to reducing the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The opening status and guidelines consider federal, state, and local directives, including those for Illinois’ “Phase 4” re-opening. The college will also follow Illinois Community College Board and Restore Illinois guidelines.
All college services remain available online.
Please understand that because of the changing nature of COVID-19 and Illinois’ Reopening Plan, this information may change without notice.
If you don’t see what you are looking for—or would like more information—please contact us.
If you’re coming to KCC
This one-sheet flier has information on things to keep in mind before coming to the college. Here are highlights:
- Complete the Student Certification before coming to a KCC facility.
- Enter at a door most appropriate for your visit. These entrances are on the Riverfront Campus, unless noted:
- Welcome Center south entrance.Entrance near circle drive (west side).
- East door of the Technology Building hallway.
- (Employees) Service door on the east side, at the north entrance to the gymnasium.
- Manufacturing and Industrial Technology Center – Main entrance (east side).
- Face covering is required.
- Maintain social distancing while utilizing services and common areas on campus.
- Follow all instructions on posted signage and from staff.
- There is a maximum of 25 people in any area.
- Food service is open 8 a.m. -3 p.m. Monday - Thursday.
- Drinking fountains are turned off—Water bottle filling stations are available.
Limited Face-to-Face Transition Period (effective of June 26, 2020)
- Classes for Fall 2020 are being offered based on content – online or in-person with cleaning and health requirements. More details are in a separate online article.
- Health Careers program applicants are advised to see Information for Health Careers Applicants.
- College facilities are open for students and employees with essential appointments, business, or approved classes.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of frequently used and “high touch” spaces continues at all facilities.
- If KCC receives information about confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), the college will notify employees and students who were reported to be in contact with the person in the 14 days prior to the positive test date. Any employees/students notified should self-isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms.
All college services remain available online. Please phone or email if you don’t see the area you would like to contact.
- Registration for Fall 2020 continues through October for late starting classes. Registration is online and through in-person appointments.
- New and returning students can have an advisor call you (Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Submit the Advising Call Request Form or phone 815-802-8500 and an advisor will call back within two business days.
- Returning students can make an in-person appointment for a specific day or time.
- General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hammes Bookstore and the accounting office are open with no appointment needed.
- For the Financial Aid counter, appointments are suggested, especially for those who are filing a FAFSA or who need assistance with loan documents. Walk-ins are also accepted.
- The Adult Education/GED program is accepting new students. Phone 815-802-8300 or complete the online application.
- Continuing education and Career Services is offering workshops and seminars online and in person.
- The Fitness Center and athletic programs are open with adherence to Illinois Phase 4 guidelines. View the Fitness Center page for changes to normal service.