KCC plans for Summer/Fall 2020
KCC is committed to reducing the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The opening status and guidelines consider federal, state, and local directives, including those for Illinois’ “Phase 4” re-opening. The college will also follow Illinois Community College Board and Restore Illinois guidelines.
All college services remain available online.
Please understand that because of the changing nature of COVID-19 and Illinois’ Reopening Plan, this information may change without notice.
If you don’t see what you are looking for—or would like more information—please contact us.
If you’re coming to campus
- Complete the Student Certification before coming on campus.
- Enter at a door most appropriate for your visit that day (see below).
- Face covering is required.
- Maintain social distancing while utilizing services and common areas on campus.
Food service not available—You can bring your own food and snacks.
Drinking fountains are turned off—Water bottle filling stations are available.
Details on Limited Face-to-Face Transition Period (begins June 26, 2020)
- Credit classes will be taught online through the end of the Summer 2020 term (July 23). Classes for Fall 2020 (beginning Aug. 17) will be offered based on content – online or in-person with cleaning and health requirements. More details are in a separate online article. In addition, advisors are calling all students to discuss options.
- Health Careers program applicants are advised to see Information for Health Careers Applicants.
- The Main Riverfront Campus and the Manufacturing and Industrial Technology Center (MITC) are open for students and employees with essential appointments, business, or approved classes.
- All students/visitors and employees are required to self-assess upon entry.
- A face covering is required indoors, with the exception of employees in private offices and work areas where no social interaction is occurring.
- Requirements for social distancing, face covering and hand sanitizing is on signage at the designated entrances (see below) and other key locations.
- Students/visitors and employees are required to maintain 6 feet of social distancing
- There is a maximum of 50 people in any area.
- The following entrances are open. All are on the Riverfront Campus, unless noted:
- Students/visitors with appointments or other essential business – Welcome Center south entrance.
- Students attending Health Careers courses – Entrance near circle drive (west side).
- Students attending Business/Technology courses; employees – East door of the Technology Building hallway.
- Employees – Service door on the east side of the campus at the north entrance to the gymnasium.
- Students/employees at MITC building – Main building entrance (east side).
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of frequently used and “high touch” spaces continues at all facilities.
- If KCC receives information about confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19), the college will notify employees and students who were reported to be in contact with the person in the 14 days prior to the positive test date. Any employees/students notified should self-isolate and monitor themselves for symptoms.
All college services remain available online. Please phone or email if you don’t see the area you would like to contact.
- Fall registration is available online and through in-person appointments.
- New and returning students can have an advisor call you (Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Submit the Advising Call Request Form or phone 815-802-8500 and an advisor will call back within two business days.
- Returning students can make an in-person appointment for a specific day or time.
- General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These areas are open with no appointment needed:
- Payment counter
- These areas are open by appointment only:
- Financial aid
- Adult education/GED program
- Continuing education and Career Services is offering workshops and seminars online, and will begin offering some face-to-face classes in July.
- The Fitness Center and athletic programs are open with adherence to Illinois Phase 4 guidelines. View the Fitness Center page for changes to normal service.
- Food Service and vending remains unavailable. Students/visitors and employees can bring their own food. A microwave is available for use at each person’s discretion.
- Bottle filling stations are available. Water fountains are shut off.
Beginning Aug. 1, 2020
The North and South extension centers will open for approved appointments, business, or approved classes.